STATEMENT OF FAITH- ISBS -
Under God, and subject to biblical authority, the International Sharif Bible Society (ISBS), Board of Directors, and all committees, subcommittees, and other personnel bear concerted witness to the following beliefs, to which they subscribe and hold essential to their life and ministry.
- The Bible, Old and New Testaments, is the inspired, only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21).
- There is only one True God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is necessary for salvation. We are saved only by God’s grace through faith in the blood of Christ (John 3:16-19; John 5:24; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- Water baptism is to be administered to a person who has repented and received salvation (Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 10:47-48; Romans 6:4); and the Lord’s Supper, a remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death, is to be celebrated by believers (1 Corinthians 11:23-26).
- The infilling of the Holy Spirit, accompanied by speaking in tongues, empowers believers for effective witnessing, service, and holy living (Mark 16:15-20; Acts 1:4,8; Acts 2:42; Ephesians 5:18; Luke 24:49).
- All believers in Christ are united in one body, the Church (1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28; Ephesians 1:22-23, 2:22). Therefore, the ISBS loves, respects and values all God’s people.
- The saved and the lost will be resurrected, the saved to eternal life, and the lost to eternal damnation (John 5:28-29; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Romans 8:23; Titus 2:13; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52).