International Sharif Bible Society
An interdenominational non-profit corporation to Translate, Publish and Distribute the Bible for Muslims.
Rationale… Why the ISBS?
- For the Sharif Bible to reach Muslims and change their lives, we need an organized, sustained and aggressive body to undertake that task.
- The ISBS is the conservator and propagator of the Sharif Bible and related products.
- To bring Muslims to the Kingdom of God by faith in Christ, the only Savior and Lord.
- To incorporate them into viable local bodies of believers.
- To deepen the spiritual life and walk of believers in Christ.
- To help them to relate to and be part of the worldwide body of Christ.
- To introduce them to the fullness of the Spirit.
Those engaged with the International Sharif Bible Society are expected to:
- Make the Word of God the standard for their daily life, conduct and values
- Have an intimate and growing relationship with Christ
- Recognize the validity and importance of the Sharif translation
- Make bringing Muslims into the Kingdom a high priority
- Be committed to putting the Word of God into the heart languages of Muslim peoples
Among the Core Competencies of the Sharif Bible Society are the following:
- Translators and consultants who are competent, gifted, skilled, and dedicated.
- The Society is not limited to one geographic region.
- Personnel with Kingdom goals.
- Conservative in finances.
- Small inventory of equipment and material.
- Extensive experience with the target groups.
- Formal and informal distribution channels.
- Working with like-minded organizations.